Retro Desk for April Fools Day
One of our DBAs at work decided to go on sabbatical. Part of the company policy is that if you do go on a sabbatical, you have to leave your company laptop behind.
Nick returns to the office on April 1st, so we thought we would play a little joke on him. We are going to say that we had to give his laptop to someone else. In its place, he now has a Commodore 64 sitting on his desk. Check out the photo below!
We didnt have a Commodore 1084 monitor to hand so we had to use a 17″ TFT screen. Obvously, the C64 does not have a VGA or DVI output! Luckily I had a VGA box going spare. This allows you to connect a composite video device to a VGA monitor.
- Photos from Revival, Wolverhampton, May 2013
- Blanka playing Street Figher 2 as Blanka
- Dos(PC) Emulator for Raspberry Pi Released
- Cambridge move for Suffolk computing history museum
- Tatung Einstein TC01 – Did you have one?
- Sabre Wulf remake released.
- Usborne Computer Books
- The sound of the dialup, pictured
- 8 bit chip tune from one line of code on Linux
- HxC Floppy Emulator Firmware v22.214.171.124