Action Replay Mk 4.1 to 6.0 upgrade (C64)
You will need :
- 8 x 32k SRAM Chip (I used a UMC UM62256A I removed from a BBC Model B SRAM mod)
- 28 pin DIL socket (You dont need this, but its a good idea)
- 27C256 EPROM or equivalent EEPROM
- Action Replay 6.0 ROM image (Available here.)
- Soldering iron, solder etc
- EPROM programmer
- Program your EPROM/EEPROM with version 6 of the Action Replay software.
- Dismantle the Action Replay. Mine was held together with 1 screw.
- Take the PCB out of the case.
- Carefully remove the large PROM at the bottom of the PCB near the edge connector.
- Solder in the 28 pin DIL socket.
- On the underside of the PCB, under where you just installed the DIL socket, you will see 3 solder pads. Join the 2 pads that are closed to the 2 buttons at the top. Photo here.
- Insert the SRAM chip in the new socket.
- Insert the EPROM you just programmed into the ROM socket.
Once you have finished, your board should look like this.http://www.retrocomputers.eu/2011/06/03/action-replay-mk4-1-to-6-0-upgrade-c64/Andys Retro Computers4.1,6.0,action replay,c64,cartridge,commodore 64,eeprom,EPROM,sram,UM62256,upgrade
This is a very easy upgrade for your Action Replay 4.1 device. With version 6 of the software you get a few updates to the original software, and a few bugs are also fixed. You will need : 8 x 32k SRAM Chip (I used a UMC UM62256A I removed from...Andy Taylorandytuk@gmail.comAdministratorAndy is a collector of vintage and retro computers. He lives near Peterborough in the East of England. He also volunteers for The Centre for Computing History.Retro Computers