Action Replay Mk 4.1 to 6.0 upgrade (C64)
You will need :
- 8 x 32k SRAM Chip (I used a UMC UM62256A I removed from a BBC Model B SRAM mod)
- 28 pin DIL socket (You dont need this, but its a good idea)
- 27C256 EPROM or equivalent EEPROM
- Action Replay 6.0 ROM image (Available here.)
- Soldering iron, solder etc
- EPROM programmer
- Program your EPROM/EEPROM with version 6 of the Action Replay software.
- Dismantle the Action Replay. Mine was held together with 1 screw.
- Take the PCB out of the case.
- Carefully remove the large PROM at the bottom of the PCB near the edge connector.
- Solder in the 28 pin DIL socket.
- On the underside of the PCB, under where you just installed the DIL socket, you will see 3 solder pads. Join the 2 pads that are closed to the 2 buttons at the top. Photo here.
- Insert the SRAM chip in the new socket.
- Insert the EPROM you just programmed into the ROM socket.
Once you have finished, your board should look like this.
- Llamasoft games for the Commodore 64
- How to install PARADOS into the Amstrad DDI-1 disk interface.
- Amstrad CPC464 upgraded to a CPC6128 (How to)
- The Commodore 64 EasyFlash Cartridge
- Your Commodore 64 memories
- Happy birthday to the Commodore 64 – 30 years young.
- Have a Helping of 8-bit Holiday Cheer!
- Custom Amstrad 464 and 6128 plus & GX4000 cartridge
- SD2IEC – Commodore to SD Card adapter
- C64 SD by Manosoft Review by HeadingtonBard