Raspberry Pi running the Fuse ZX Spectrum Emulator
As seen at the Horizons event at the BFI, London in May 2012!
Fuse install guide here! (Added August 2012)
Getting the emulator to work was relatively simple. I just has to ‘apt-get’ in a few additional packages from the Debian repository. I didn’t need to modify any C code.
I tried to compile the code under the virtual machine set-up detailed on Russell Davis’s blog http://russelldavis.org, but it would not compile. So in the end, I compiled the code directly on the Pi. This did take about 20 minutes.
You should have seen my face once I got Manic Miner loaded
I will be taking more photos and video of the Raspberry Pi at the Beeb@30 event this weekend.
This Pi (Number 7) belongs to http://www.computinghistory.org.uk
- Dos(PC) Emulator for Raspberry Pi Released
- Invasion of the Zombie Monsters
- Cambridge move for Suffolk computing history museum
- Tatung Einstein TC01 – Did you have one?
- Usborne Computer Books
- 8 bit chip tune from one line of code on Linux
- HxC Floppy Emulator Firmware v184.108.40.206
- RISC OS London Show 2012
- Retro Fusion Issue 3 – OUT NOW!
- Jamie’s Amstrad PCW 8256 Video