How to install PARADOS into the Amstrad DDI-1 disk interface.
Upgrading your DDI-1 to PARADOS is quite straight forward. You will need :-
- Amstrad DDI-1 disk interface
- Philips screwdriver
- 27(C)128 EPROM containing PARADOS
And here is how to do the upgrade.
- Open the DDI-1 by removing the 2 screws.
- Carefully remove the AMSDOS ROM chip
- Insert the PARADOS EPROM
- Re-assemble the DDI-1 box
Thats it. The hardest part is getting PARADOS onto a EPROM. You will know if the EPROM is working when you turn the CPC on – you will see the PARADOS banner on the start screen. To enter the PARADOS utility, run