Posts tagged computer
Enjoy this brand new classic for 8 bit computers. Action, speed, different weapons and a huge variety of stages and enemies, are packed inside an horizontal shooter as never seen in ages on a MSX or ZX Spectrum. With an outstanding soundtrack composed by César Astudillo (“Gominolas”), an 80s legendary videogame music composer, and its funny and detailed graphics and visuals, this is a game you cannot miss!
Source : Invasion of the Zombie Monsters
A museum documenting developments in computing over the past 50 years is to move to Cambridge.
The Centre for Computing History is to relocate to the city from its base in Haverhill, Suffolk, and could be open by the summer.
The charity has been looking for new premises for two years.
Director Jason Fitzpatrick said: “It’s important to be in Cambridge because of the city’s history and the part it has played in the home computing era.”
Read the rest of the BBC News article here : Cambridge move for Suffolk computing history museum
Think its time to dig out my Tatung Einstein TC01 - its been in storage for quite a while now. Did you have one of these? What are the best games for it?
Here are some scans of the Usborne computing books I own. Did you own any of these?
- How To Make Computer Model Controllers
- Usborne Guide To Computer Jargon
- Practice Your BASIC
- Simple BASIC
11 AM to 5 PM
Tickets: £5 on the door, under-16s free
RISC OS User Group Of London (ROUGOL) is pleased to be organising the fourth RISC OS London Show. We will again have an exciting mix of hardware and software on display, plus guest speakers in the theater.
2012-10-21 - New this year, room 3.14 for anyone to show off their Raspberry Pi projects, even if not RISC OS related. Anyone exhibiting a project gets free entry - contact us to register. Head of the R-Pi Foundation Eben Upton is hoping to be at the show, providing his jetlag after flying back from Korea is not too bad!
2012-10-18 - The show will be the first chance to see the official release version of RISC OS for the Raspberry Pi
2012-10-17 - The Centre for Computing History have been added to the exhibitors list
2012-10-04 - Added Archive Magazine to the list of exhibitors - look out for the next feature packed issue!
2012-09-28 - The first list of exhibitors for the 2012 show is online, more updates to follow.
2012-01-22 - Help us to advertise the show by using one of our website banners on your own site.
- Jon Hare talking about the ‘Over Use of Sci Fi’ in games
- A detailed look back on the Alien films and the games associated with each episode
- The Top 10 SCI FI Robots and Cyborgs within Film
- The best of the SCI FI related games
- From Screen to Toybox – a look at the most popular toys that have been spawned by movies
- Plok – a look back at a forgotten Pickford Brother’s classics – includes interview with Ste Pickford
- A brand new SCI FI game by Jonathan Cauldfield written especially for the issue with a background ‘epic’ story – the game is called Encyclopaedia Galactica.